Number one complaint we get from patients when we start them on their weight loss journey is TIME. No one has time anymore. We pack our calendars full to the point where we feel overwhelmed and are convinced there is not another minute left in the day to dedicate to this new habit called, meal prep.
However, when we evaluate our schedules, is it really not enough time or is it we simply need to re-prioritize? What’s more important than your health? In order to be busy and take care of others you need to have energy and feel your best, right? And in order to feel your best, you have to FUEL your bodies properly with the right foods! This can be hard to achieve if we do not meal prep.
Meal prep WILL help you have successful weight loss and we understand if you don’t have 2 hours every week to spend in the kitchen prepping. SO, we have put together 5 ideal no prep meals that take little to no prep time. To use these healthy meal prep ideas for weight loss, all you have to do is go buy the items from the grocery store!
– Chicken Delight: For a no prep meal, it can’t get much easier than buying a Rotisserie chicken and some steamer bags of vegetables! Discard the skin and fat from the chicken for less calories, pop the veggies in the microwave and voila!
– Foil Packets: – Foil packets are an awesome way to be creative in little to no time! Chicken Sausages are already cooked and there are many different flavors to add variety (a couple of brands we recommend are Al Fresco or Bilinski’s)! Next go to the produce section and pick up some pre-chopped and washed veggies. Many stores are now offering raw veggie packs that already have a good mixture for your packets such as onions, peppers, squash, zucchini, etc! Slice up those chicken sausages, throw everything in a packet with some spices and herbs and healthy dinner is done in about 20min!
– Something’s Fishy: Fish is a lean protein and there are so many different types of fish to choose from: salmon, tilapia, tuna, cod, shrimp, etc. At most stores you can buy pre-marinated fish filets from the meat counter and they literally can take no more than 15min to bake or grill OR you can head to the freezer section and buy either raw or pre-cooked individual frozen filets. Either way, little to no prep is needed for these healthy meal prep ideas for weight loss! Throw it on a bed of salad greens and some light dressing (we love OPA and Bolthouse Farms) for a delightful meal!
– Pork, the other white meat: Pork tenderloin is a yummy lean meat and you can buy them pre-marinated! This might take a little longer than 20min to bake but it will be loaded with flavor and will add some variety to your meal plan! Pair your pork with some of Green Giant’s mashed cauliflower or veggie tots!
– Healthy Italian? We automatically think we have to cut out Italian night when we start our weight loss journey, but don’t be drastic! You can make some healthy swaps and come out with a low calorie/low carb QUICK Italian meal for the win! Try getting some frozen pre-cooked meatballs (we like Al Fresco or Butterball). Throw them in the crockpot on low for a few hours with some Mariana sauce and the big part of your meal is done! Add in some prepped zucchini noodles (you can get these from the produce section) and you have reinvented Italian night while staying on track with your weight loss!
All of these healthy meal prep ideas for weight loss can make multiple meals, so pick 2 for the week and you have most of your meal prep done!