Charlotte is a great place to get out and enjoy some nature. With a long list of nature preserves and trails near the city, there’s an endless amount of adventure just a short drive away. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Ribbonwalk Nature Preserve offers easy to moderate hiking trails near uptown Charlotte.
- Evergreen Nature Preserve is a wonderful area for mountain biking and taking short hikes. This 77-acre preserve contains a lush forest and creek, making it a haven for migratory birds.
- Little Sugar Creek Greenway is 19 miles of paved trail-ways that pass through the heart of the city making it great for strolls and easy bike rides. Many of these trail-ways connect to nature preserves and trailheads in the area.
- Lake Loop Trailhead is a nice easy hike for beginners and located near the Catawba River.
- Lake Norman is home to a TON of state parks. 45 minutes away from downtown Charlotte, the lake is a great place for a weekend excursion. Check out Jetton Park for quiet beaches, tennis courts, trails, and picnic areas.
Try a New Indoor Activity
Find A Free Fitness Class
Hit the Obstacle Course
Take a Spa Day
Grab a Healthy Bite
- YAFO Kitchen offers healthy Mediterranean street food dishes. The Mediterranean diet is often thought to be one of the healthiest cuisines because of its balance of foods high in fiber and healthy fats.
- Flower Child serves a wide range of healthy salads, bowls, and wraps, among other things. Build your own with a highly customizable menu.
Mahana Fresh slings healthy rice and noodle bowls with fresh ingredients, and are a great place for a quick, light lunch.
Crunch Bistro sells fresh, filling, and flavorful dishes to help you stay on track with your weight loss goals. They’ve got tasty and healthy options for everyone, from fresh salads and gourmet wraps to flatbreads, soups, and more.
Cava is another build-your-own style restaurant in Charlotte. Choose every ingredient for your bowl or pita and customize your healthy lunch the way you want it.